The 3ds to Re-Volt exporter is almost done ! *prm, *w and *ncp export is already finished !
And absolutely amazing news : Re-Volt does support envmap gradient !!
What does that mean ? That it is now possible to create gradient using the reflection effect (known as environment mapping), here’s an example :
The image on the left show the object in 3ds with colors, and on the right the result in Re-Volt. There’s only one big polygon in the middle, and a great gradient appears !
Two more views to show the effect :
So here are the features for the new exporter :
- Support surface definition using Smoothing Groups (-morph equivalent)
- Color, alpha and envmap super-easy to modify in 3ds
- Texture support as with ase2rv tools
- At least one new collision property ! (tests on their way)
- And of course, texture animations is the next step !
See you soon !